Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stitches speaking to me

Many years ago I bought some Japanese wovens to make a bag for a cousin. Through the Boro exhibition, I decided to let them see the light again. I cut some pieces, chose threads and buttons and just started. I had no plan. No design. Nothing. I let the fabric, threads and buttons speak to me. 






............................................................................................................




"Are your memories coming to you or are you going to them?
If you are going to them then you are wasting time.
Nostalgia is not productive.
If they are coming to you,
they are the seeds for sculpture."  Louise Bourgeois

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You can understand the old techniques better when you try them out yourself I can see your museum visit has been very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I hope you don't give away your work. Make something with them that you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely what you have done with your museum inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And speak to you they did! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY... simply lovely stitching! I just love all the richness and variety of stitch and texture. And the softness of the colors. These say sooo much... And I quite agree with that good quote. "Nostalgia is not productive"... I think that is pretty true in a lot of ways. Nostalgia cane take us away from now, appreciating now if we're not careful. Tremendously inspired work, Simone... I'm in awe! :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subdued colors and carefree stitching. The little details of buttons and patches are so interesting. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave behind a kind comment (o: