Monday, October 26, 2015

Slow stitching

Finally, my pictures from my iPhone uploaded to my computer. I don't know what it is. I thought life would become easier when having all my devices from Apple. That is definitely not the case for me. 
But then, here we go (o:


A friend of mine had buttons in a plastic bag, which I had been spying on for months. Eventually, I could no longer resist to ask her what she was going to do with them. She said I could have them. Yeah!
In this small cushion I used all the sizes that were in the bag, and more. Sometimes I used the back of the button. Those are often so pretty in many ways.



 Free and slow stitching (click on picture to enlarge)



 Nine-patch made during my travels to London and York



 Inspired by scraps from a quilt I recently made

 Detail 1

 Detail 2

 Detail 3

 The scraps came from this quilt.
A quilt for a special person

 What I wish this special person

I hope my Macbook and iPhone will start appreciating each other more from now on, so that I can update my blog more often!


7 comments:

  1. LOVE, love, love the freestyle stitching you're doing these days, Simone! Such inspired combinations of textiles, textures and color. LOVELY Navajo blessings on the quilt--beautiful idea! Hope you will share more soon. ;o) All these devices, I'm not always certain they helps us 100% of the time... LOL! Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new style of yours is very interesting and creative. I love the way you used all those buttons. - I too have technology issues with iPad as I normally use the other system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simone.....love your freestyle stitching! I agree some buttons can be reversed and still look good! I upload my photos from phone to blog too...my Mac is full and so is iPad and trying to work out how to shift to an external device on Mac to save it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations. Organic, free form, unique. And oooooo the buttons!!! Technology makes me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Simone, such creative loveliness! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried, but do love the cushion with the buttons an awful lot. Your creativity is over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - you have been so busy making lots and lots of lovely things. I love the hand-stitching and the way you are upcycling buttons and fabric scraps. So cool.
    p.s. Would love to follow you via Bloglovin or email when a button becomes available on your blog.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave behind a kind comment (o: