This month I started a new course with Kathy Shawk: Paints, Dyes and Inks. This is the second part of the course, dyeing with acid dye.
And here I have mixed the colors: primary, secondary, tertiary and then tertiary colors mixed with lots of water.
My color guide. Very helpful!
I am now ready for the next dyeing procedure. More to share soon.
Once again I would like to emphasize, that if you have time and want to have fun and learn something new, take the crazy quilting beginners course with Kathy. It is so worth it!!! You can find the link to her blog on the right.







Beautiful. I love the variegated ribbons and the dyed motifs. Your block is pretty. It will make a very nice quilt.
ReplyDeleteOh, what fun! I love what you did. The ribbons are so pretty and I love the little motifs. I took a dyeing course once and loved every minute of it. Looking forward to what you will do next. Glad you haven't lost your love for quilting. That house block is great!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how you have enjoyed yourself! Delicate work with the multicoloured piece of lace. I like the house block too.
ReplyDeleteOoooo... the dyeing is wonderful, Simone! I just love the results!! LOVELY...*sigh*... I'm intrigued by fiber dyeing, but have yet to try! Your new house-quilt project looks fun. Nice way to use scraps too, maybe?! Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're having tons of fun. Your hand-dyed silk ribbons are WONDERFUL! I've only dyed yarn before but it is fun, fun, fun. Glad to see you here sweet Simone and glad to see that you're still sewing too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the share. I had seen acid dyed wool but not ribbon before. What delicate work painting the lace motifs. The house block looks like fun too.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! A new challenge!
ReplyDelete