Once again I am amazed by the result of the flowers I made with silk ribbon. The roses on the left are 3/8" and the ones on the right 1/2". The very dark flower and the light one is made with 4 mm silk ribbon and the other three with 7 mm.
After Kathy sees this task, she will give me the next one. Fun!
Still some steps to go, before the block is finished.
*********
MORNING SNOW BEAUTY WITH BORUS
This is Borus, my sweet walking companion. I pick him up from Monday through Friday morning to go for a walk. He is always barking happy to see me so we can have some time together (o:
Mistletoe
The beauty and silence of snow always astonishes me!








I am so glad to be able to comment on your lovely work. The crazy quilt blocks look amazing with the ribbon embroidery. I really love them. Borus is so cute. Your have a terrific walking buddy! The photos of your walk are lovely too. Thanks for taking me on your walk. We had a major snow storm last night. Now my world is a winter wonderland. School buses were cancelled and many schools were closed. All of my son's classes were cancelled, so he stayed home and shovelled the driveway. I am so happy to see you back in blogland. Not only are you a great walking buddy for Borus, but a terrific blogging buddy for me!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are letting in comments now.
ReplyDeleteYour crazy quilt piece is lovely and I too fell in love with silk ribbon. Enjoy!
Your little walking companion is very cute.
Your walking companion looks like he is up for just about anything! Cutie!
ReplyDeleteYour embroidery work is just gorgeous! You'd like the work of Jan Vaine too - she has written a couple of books on the subject too.
So glad to see you back in blog land with comments enabled! I've missed you and missed pictures of your wonderful walks.
Your crazy quilt is going to be lovely. The 3D silk ribbon flowers are so beautiful. The walk with the dog shows beautiful scenery, and I find mistletoes so very exotic!
ReplyDeleteHoooray...you've opened comments! We've missed you around here! :o) LOVELY ribbon work, Simone! I used to love ribbon embroidery--especially working the roses--I have to get back to that. ;o) Wonderful to see how this is progressing. Fun to see Borus--how sweet is he! Pretty winter images from your part of the world... happy to see. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful and amazing work. Your irises in the previous post are so recognisable! I haven't seen this sort of thing before. Such pretty roses. Aw Borus looks like such a sweet chap. We've been snow walking too seeing amazing patterns on the canal water as the ice breaks up and then refreezes in new positions. I must admit though that the highlight of yesterday's walk was the smell of the tree bark as it warmed in the sun. It smelt of Spring although it is some time off. Winter had made me forget smells.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely to have you back.