Sunday, February 16, 2014

A new start with stitch- and crochet-alongs

Over the past few weeks I have been working on some fun, bright and happy projects. Projects I wanted to show. And share. And today I finally decided to do so.


Since January 4,  a cross-stitch-along has started called: Randje per week. Each week Simone and Annelies (who some of you will know from Quilts and Siggies) share one or more small borders from old stitcheries. You can learn more about it here.
I will be using the patterns of the borders and own inspiration every now and then. More to come soon.
Voor de Nederlandse lezers: het garen heb ik bij Action gekocht. Prachtige kleuren en 8 strengetjes voor slechts € 0,80. 



Yesterday I started to wander around on blogland again a bit. When I came accross  Dolores' blog, I saw this gorgeous Quilty Stitches Sampler Along. HOW could I resist? Blocks that are 24 stitches x 24 stitches big and come once every 2 weeks... that should be manageable along with the other projects I am working on. Here is my start.


And here is the crochet-along I am working on. I found it on facebook and is quite doable if you take your time and do about one row a day. I bought some new yarns for this and yes, I could actually find some in my yarn stash. A Yarn Stash - better keep that one small.




From now on I will write most of my posts only in English. It's a lot of work, to write in two languages and since most Dutch can read English, the choice was easily made.

For the time being, I am turning off my comments, so there is no pressure for me. If you have a question, please email me.
I will be starting to visit and read blogs again, but only now and then will I leave behind a comment. 


"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life."
- Henry David Thoreau